[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: POST vs. GET

> Don't use GET.  There is no reason why you should use GET instead of
> POST (which is the recommended method).

I can think of at least one reason to use GET instead of POST. Since the
Query_String becomes part of the URL with a GET, future calls to the same
page, say a search results page, would come from the browser's cache,
provided the browser had a decent caching mechanism, instead of always
posting to the server. Of course, this depends on the browser, but most
these days have decent caching algorithms. Besides, is this a security
issue, really? Both GET and POST are insecure methods of transfer.